Lamb is becoming an increasingly popular ingredient within pet food. This fantastic protein source is packed with vital nutrients that help with a dogs health and wellbeing. Our Superfood range contains a fantastic Grass-Fed Lamb recipe. But what is grass-fed lamb, and why is it included in our superfood range? This is explored below.
The term grass-fed refers to the animal’s diet; it includes more than just grass and herbs, flowers, clover and other legumes, also referred to as ‘pasture’. These types of products have increased in popularity in recent years. This is supported by recent research that found 50% of consumers globally now express a preference for grass-fed dairy.
What makes Lamb so great?
Lamb is red meat that offers several benefits to dogs. Firstly, it is a provider of dietary fats that provides energy and aids in transporting essential fat-soluble vitamins. Lamb is a great protein option for dogs which plays a critical role in building, healing and maintaining body tissues whilst also regulating a dog’s bodily processes. This animal source also has a fantastic nutritional profile, as it contains zinc that helps boost the immune system and is also packed with B Vitamins, which is important for the health of a dog’s nervous system. Lamb is also a brilliant source of iron that helps to support the functions of the circulatory system.
Here at Regal Dog, we recognise that grass-fed lamb is a significant source of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition, the ratio of omega-3 to omega 6 fats is far better in grass-fed lamb. It has also been found that lambs grazing in pasture has 14% less fat and approximately 8% more protein than grain-fed lambs.
Our Superfood British Grass Fed Lamb with Mint, Pomegranate, Mulberry, Broccoli & Fennel recipe contains 65% total lamb of which 35% is Freshly Prepared British Grass Fed Lamb.
Now let’s talk Superfoods
- Mint – Mint is a perennial herb grown for its leaves. This is a great source of potassium to help with nerve and muscle functions. Whilst also containing Vitamins A and C, which helps with bone, skin and vision health.
- Pomegrante – Pomegranate is a fruit with seeds and flesh surrounded by skin and comes from the Lythraceae family. It originated throughout the Mediterranean region and is a fantastic source of Vitamin C which has an essential role in collagen synthesis; this is important to help maintain healthy bones.
- Mulberry – Mulberries are grown on trees and a type of fruit related to figs. Fully loaded with antioxidants to help with everyday health and wellbeing. In addition, it is a source of iron to help support normal functions of the circulatory system.
- Broccoli – Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable related to cabbage, kale, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts. It is a great source of dietary fibre to help normalise the gastrointestinal transit time. Whilst also containing Vitamin K to promote bone health.
- Fennel – Fennel is a member of the carrot family, however, it is not a root vegetable. A good source of calcium helps maintain healthy bones and teeth. This also helps to increase appetite as well as minimising belching in dogs.
Explore Our Dog Food Range…
Superfood Beef with Carrot, Green Beans, Cauliflower, Tomato & Courgette$2.28 – $91.98
Superfood Salmon with Dill, Spinach, Fennel, Asparagus & Tomato$2.28 – $91.98
Puppy Superfood Salmon with Dill, Spinach, Fennel, Asparagus & Tomato$2.28 – $91.98
Superfood Duck with Parsnip, Beetroot, Orange, Asparagus & Pumpkin$2.28 – $91.98
Superfood Lamb with Mint, Pomegranate, Mulberry, Broccoli & Fennel$2.28 – $91.98
Superfood Chicken with Ginger, Pomegranate, Kale, Artichoke & Blueberry$2.28 – $91.98